Sat, Jan 29|
LV Arts Test Kitchen 7th-12th grade
Attention Lansing Students! It's time to test your skills in the kitchen - LV Arts style!
Time & Location
Jan 29, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM CST
Lansing, 1412 147th St, Lansing, KS 66043, USA
About the Event
Do you LOVE to watch food competitions on TV? Here is your chance to be a part of the fun!
LV Arts and Lansing High School are partnering together to provide a fun "test-kitchen" and Lansing students will go head-to-head to prepare sweet holiday treats for a panel of judges.
* Competiton participants must be students of the Lansing School District (USD 469) -- We hope to expand this opportunity to other schools in the area, as well! Stay tuned!
* Students will compete on a team of two.
* Students will use age-appropriate appliances and cutlery.
* Scoring will be based on Kansas State Standards for Culinary and Visual Arts
* Winners will receive a special prize!
There will be two challenges, each with its own set of specifications for what participants should prepare for the judges. While these challenges will include guidelines, participants will have creative freedom with what they want to prepare given the broad range of ingredients we provide. Alternatively, we might throw in a challenge in which teams are given a fixed set of ingredients and they can prepare them in any fashion they'd like.
After each challenge is introduced, teams will have 5-10 minutes to brainstorm ideas and come up with a plan. There will also be adult mentors to bounce ideas off of and potentially assist them in execution! Parents/mentors may assist in a needed skill too advanced for kids but should try to refrain from directing the team in the creative process/selection of ingredients.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.